Congratulations!!! Getting engaged is such an exciting moment in your life! But, if you’re anything like us, the minute you got engaged (okay, well maybe once you took your ring picture and had a minute to relax!) your brain probably started going a mile a minute thinking about all of the things you needed to do next! Take a deep breath – we’re here to help you focus on the first few items on your list.
So now that you’re engaged, there’s lots to do! Here’s what we think you should start with:
1. Tell people! If you’re reading this, it’s probably likely that your family and friends already know. But just in case, take this time to let them know. It’s totally up to you how you tell them – but it’s nice to take the time to call your family and close friends before you share on social media. Once they know, go nuts with your Facebook and Instagram posts!
2. Start thinking about general wedding ideas! Here’s a few questions to get you started: What time of year do you want to get married? Will you be getting married here or somewhere else? Do you want a big celebration or more intimate one? What’s your wedding budget? Any colors or themes you know you want to incorporate?
3. Once you’ve answered the above questions, it’s time to start looking for vendors. Keep in mind that venues, photographers, planners and bakeries often book up the fastest! For most vendors, you’ll need to know your venue and wedding date so it’s usually most important to start there. The rest of the day will come together after you’ve gotten those two pieces squared away!
4. Make sure your ring is insured and under warranty. Those rings can be fragile! Often times the warranty is good as long as you keep up with inspections and cleanings, so make sure you put those dates in your planner and stay with them!
5. Celebrate!! If you didn’t get a chance yet, make sure you spend time with your fiancé and just enjoy each other and this moment in your life. Grab that bottle of bubbly and snuggle in, dreaming about what’s yet to come!
Engagements and wedding planning should be fun so just take your time and don’t let yourself get too overwhelmed! Lean on your fiancé, your family and friends and have fun planning the day of your dreams!! Congratulations again! Enjoy that new ring!